Thursday, January 26, 2006


Thirteen Things Sherri Needs



1. Starbucks, a couple of times a week - at least (did I mention, on Tuesday they gave me a free one, just cause?!:)

2. Lots of affection...nuff said:)

3. Chocolate...just a little bit every now and then!

4. A good book...lately I'm loving the writings of Brennan Manning again...I'm in the midst of reading Ruthless Trust.

5. Music...whether or not I have the stereo on or not there's always a song playing in my mind, and if I don't watch it, I find myself singing without knowing it!

6. A good cup of tea, in a beautiful teacup! To me there is just something about teapots and teacups:)

7. A long conversation with a good friend every few days:)

8. To learn how to turn work off when I'm not there! (Haven't got this one yet!)

9. Things to look forward to... I always like to have plans to look forward to whether it be my next date with my husband or the next time we're having friends over for dinner...I love to have something to look forward to!

10. Worshipful experiences. My heart loves to worship and this is when I feel closest to God:)

11. The sweet cards and notes my daughter leaves for me at unexpected times in unexpected places (I'm spoiled by them!)

12. Down-time (funny thing is that I have a hard time taking/making down-time).

13. My dashing and witty husband!


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Wendy, Chickadee, Joan, Uisce, Nancy, Ardice



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Chickadee said...

Yea, how DO you turn the work switch off once you leave? I haven't been able to do that either. Let me know when you figure it out.

Have you tried the Cinamon Dolce latte yet? I haven't, but I've been eyeing it up the last few weeks now.

Thanks for stopping by!

WendyWings said...

Downtime is something I am striving for as well :)
Thanks for stopping by my TT your link is added !

My TT list

Sherri said...

...haven't tried the cinnamon dolce latte yet, but I've been eyeing it up...I usually order my beverages sugar free and that one can't be made that way, so maybe for a some-day treat:)

Joan said...

thanks for coming by my blog, Sherri. Your list was very interesting -- some of those needs are just human -- others are just female -- all are important. I appreciated what you said about my list of questions for Jesus. I told my husband that a lot of the things I wonder about now will be answered at that point -- so I am not sure any questions will remain.

Uisce said...

Well if I run across any chocolate, I'll surely send it your way! :) My 13 are up!

Ardice said...

I can relate to a few of these. Chocolate and coffee a must :) Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a wonderful Thursday. Be Well...

Nancy said...

Great list.

We all need our treats.

I'm Up

Nicole said...

I love Starbucks, a good book, long conversations, worshipful experiences, and down-time! Great list hun. Happy TT!