Wednesday, January 18, 2006


Thirteen Things: SHERRI'S CHILDHOOD DREAM JOBS

1…. Ballerina
When I was 4 or 5 or so I would twirl around and say, "I think I'll be a ballerina!" I never got to have ballet classes as a child, but a few year's ago I enrolled as an adult. I wasn't sure I could do it, but it was wonderful! ...and I even ended the year with a named part in a local ballet:)
2... Singer
Oh how I would croon away into my hairbrush or highlighter pen as a girl right on up through my teenage years too!! Too bad for nerves though...I get nervous when I know somebody else is listening:(
3... Teacher
This dream is still close to my heart...and in some ways I have actually been a teacher. But right now I'm remembering getting a paper bag (that the groceries used to get packed in when I was a little girl) and using it as a make-shift chalk board as I taught my class of dolls and bears:)
4... Child Psychologist
In grade six I wrote a paper about this. I said I was going to be a child psychologist when I grew up "so no child would ever be as misunderstood as me!"
5... Wife
Like most little girls I dreamed of 'someday my prince will come' and 'happily ever after'. When I played Barbies...my Barbie always got married around age 16...alas, it took me a few years longer though!
6... Mother
I wanted it all, still do:) I was always playing 'house' with my dolls:)
7... Interior Designer
I always have liked decorating things. I don't think cleaning my room was ever a problem...I liked things to look nice and it was a good opportunity to move things around.
8... Crafts-person
I was into all sorts of crafts at different points in my childhood from colouring and drawing to macrame, making flowers, crochet, fabric painting, folk art...I dabbled a lot...still do a bit (my latest fav - scrapbooking!) I still think having a craft store something like Willow Wisp would be fun!
9... Music Teacher
I took organ lessons from age 7 until about 15 or 16. I actually wanted piano lessons, but we had an organ...ce la vive! And I loved my first music teacher. She had this great music room with a baby grand piano even. I would often pretend to be a music teacher when I was practicing on my own during the week:)
10... Sales Clerk
When I was a child the thought of working in a women's clothing store seemed so glamourous. But I have to say that I tried this one out when I was a teenager and it wasn't all I had hoped.
11... Figure Skater
I loved watching figure skating, still do...but a figure skater I'm not...as an adult I'm just beginning to learn to skate, and I'll say it's a whole lot more glamourous on TV than on that hard, cold ice!
12... Author
I used to write stories and poetry gallore! I still think I'd like to write a book someday though my thoughts shift constantly between things I might write about.
13... Actress
What little girl didn't dream of being her favourite actress?! I had a huge imagination and played in quite a world of make-believe as a child:)

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Ardice, Wendy, Running2K, Snickerdooles, Marie, Joan, Uisce, Kelly, Karen, Janne, Colleen, Daisy
(leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



8 comments:

Kimmy said...

I love childhood "dream jobs" I think they're great!
Great list!

My 13 are up!

Kelly said...

Yes. An actress! Of course....

Happy Thursday!
Mine are up.
Diary of the Nello

YellowRose said...

Cute list!! It's fun to remember what we wanted to be!!

Happy Thursday!

Karen said...

Always wanted to be a figure skater - so graceful, so athletic...but let's get real, an amazon on skates? I think my performace would laugh the judges to an early grave. lol

My 13 are up!

Uisce said...

I can say with some degree of confidence that I never wanted to be a wife or mother. An author, that's what I want to be when I grow up. Oh wait, I'm already grown up! ...or am I? My 13 are up!

Lazy Daisy said...

Thanks for coming by my site today. Love your list...when I was 4 or 5 I wanted to be a cowgirl! Missed that one in real life Praise the Lord!

Janne said...

This is a neat idea for a list. I always wanted to be a journalist. :)

Ardice said...

I've always wanted to be a teacher. Thanks for stopping by my site, sorry it took so long to visit you. Things have been hectic. Have a wonderful day. Be Well...