Wednesday, April 07, 2004

Held in HIS Hand and Held by HIS Hand

The command repeated most often in the Bible is 'fear not'. Some of my favourite verses in the Bible on this are found in Isaiah 41. They speak to me very personally because they talk about being in God's hand and held by God's hand. As I posted a few days ago, the image of being in God's hand has been a big one for me since I was a teen, and I've been thinking about His hands, His palms these last few days...so I can't help but write about the treasure I found in Isaiah 41....verse 10 starts off with...

So this tells me that He holds me in His right hand. Then verses 11-12 talk about how the those who oppose us, the world really, will not win...

"All who rage against you
will surely be ashamed and disgraced;
those who oppose you
will be as nothing and perish.
Though you search for your enemies,
you will not find them.
Those who wage war against you
will be as nothing at all. "


Then verse 13 finishes it off with...


When I reflected on verses 10 and 13 more deeply, I came to realize something BIG. If we are held in God's right hand (as verse 10 says) and He is holding our right hand (as verse 13 says), then we MUST be facing Him, and as the verses in between say, the world cannot touch us. You see God is the filter through which I see anything so long as I rest (and trust) myself in His hand. This is good reason to 'fear not', and I needed that reminder today:)


No comments: