Thursday, November 18, 2004

Last night was all about worship...

...and I was struck by the words to this chorus:

Majesty, Majesty
Your grace has found me just as I am
Empty handed, but alive in your hands

Majesty, Majesty
Forever I am changed by your love
In the presence of your Majesty


"Empty handed, but alive in your hands"...wow, those words resonate in my heart... As I've posted before, the references to 'being' in God's hands throughout the Bible are so real and so personal to me.

One other song really affected me emotionally last night, and it doesn't usually affect me that way (well it probably should). We sang the classic hymn 'Great is Thy Faithfulness', and as always, the words are so true. Last night as we sang my friend and sister, Alana, was up at the altar during the song and I was kind of praying for her from where I was...and as we sang 'strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow...blessings all mine with ten thousand beside...', the tears just started streaming down my face. Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow was my prayer for Alana, and I was struck by God's faithfulness in the news she'd received about her health that day. I went and knelt beside her in 'the spot'..the spot I've prayed so many prayers that God has faithfully answered and I held her up to Him one more time thanking Him for His faithfulness. And as I did I was struck by how much I've learned about God's faithfulness through her...how I've seen His strength in her...and just how much I love Him and her...well I'm probably babbling now...don't know how to put into words what is in my heart...but God is faithful:)

No comments: