Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Dancing Queen
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Amanda is very busy with dance these days...which means that Les and I are very busy taking her to extra practices as her next big performance is coming up soon. She'll be dancing at all 3 services (9:30 a.m., 11:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m.) at Emmanuel Baptist Church on Palm Sunday.

Amanda takes a worship dance class every Monday night, and I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased with the class. As a child, I always dreamed of taking ballet. I finally did that just a few years ago:) Amanda likes ballet, but seemed a bit shy of the discipline, so we looked for something that she'd enjoy more. Thanks to her extraodinary auntie, we were introduced to Tanya Wiebe, and Amanda began in the intermediate group in worship dance. Worship dance is a bit of everything...they learn some ballet, some jazz...even some hip hop... The class and performances are all done using Christian music. Each class, after their cool-down, Tanya gathers all the girls around her and they link hands and pray, then with a hug they are sent off with confidence, poise...and a little bit more awareness of God's love!
I love it!!

No comments: