Sunday, June 19, 2011

For My Rockstar Husband


I made this easel card for my rockstar husband for father's day (which is today). I've been teasing him that I hope he likes his card...that it has a sail boat on it even! (not something he's fond of;) He is fond of this image which is from the Extreme Guitar stampset which, sadly, is retiring. You, my dear friends, though will still be seeing it around here as it is one of my husband's favourite...he even requests it. It actually does bear a striking resemblance to him back in his rockband days!:) ...so I gladly oblige:) He is the best father to our girl...and the best husband I could ever ask for!!

This card was made using basic black, cherry cobbler and naturals ivory cardstock. The DSP is Love Letter which is also retiring. The ribbon is black striped grosgrain. The lettering was cutout with my bigshot. The heart behind the 'U' was punched with the Heart to Heart punch. And everything was inked for a vintage feel (with soft suede ink, whatelse?)! Also, as I do on most projects I finished it off with the spritzer tool...just adds that little something that makes them go 'hmmm'!;) Hope he likes it...he left for work at 6 this morning and so will get his stuff when he gets home around lunch time:)

No comments: