Monday, September 18, 2017
- fresh florals dsp
- lots of labels framelits
- stitched shapes framelits
- in color bitty bows
- paper doilies
- and the base is thick whisper white cardstock...I don't mention it much, but whenever I do a white card base, I always use the thick version of this cardstock...stands up to all the layering I luv so well!
Sunday, September 17, 2017
Here are a couple of alternate cards created the same way...
...above is powder pink & berry burst
Saturday, September 16, 2017
Friday, September 15, 2017
Crafting Forever is the perfect stamp set for my creative friends! So I thought I'd also share a little sampler I made featuring the stampset...
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Wednesday, September 13, 2017
Tuesday, September 12, 2017
Today's project was made with the Wood Crate framelits, cut out of the above dsp & then I made 4 3x3 notecards to go inside...I always need birthday notecards to attach to gifts, so these are ready to go in a snap!
Monday, September 11, 2017
This is another card I've been doing in workshops, so I thought I'd share some alternate colours and options today too...
This one's powder pink & the oval is framed with the fresh florals dsp rather than card stock as in the originals (and I've used that wonderful shimmer ribbon again here:)
Sunday, September 10, 2017
This is another make and take for some September workshops:)
Saturday, September 09, 2017
Don't be afraid to try new things & don't feel like you have to make your projects look like the ones in the catalog...those are just reference points...use them to inspire you and then create your way!!:)
Friday, September 08, 2017
This project is done in fairly traditional colours for the theme; however I didn't use the dsp that's part of the suite because I wanted you to see how versatile it can be (and in the next few days I'll share some non traditional colours also!) Today's card features the fresh florals dsp in tranquil tide that I used on a Christmas card a few days ago also...see I told you, super versatile!!!
Thursday, September 07, 2017
Wednesday, September 06, 2017
The tag is stamped on one of the lots of labels framelits (like I said before, so versatile), but for those who prefer punches, there is a new punch in the Holiday catty in a similar (slight different) shape that makes making tags a snap!!
Tuesday, September 05, 2017
As an aside, I think Tranquil Tide, one of this year's new in colours is a perfect 'green' for Christmas crafting, don't you?! I like how it has a bit of blue in it...feels just right!!
This card is one of my make & takes for this month's workshops:)
Monday, September 04, 2017
Today's project (and those I'll share over the next few days) use some of my favourite new items from the Holiday Catalog including:
- Good Tidings stamp set...my FAVOURITE new stamp set in the catty! I luv the way you can add dimension and a real artistic feel to a project using the holly and berry images and 3 step stamping!
- Merry Music Specialty Paper - my FAVOURITE new dsp in the catty! And, yes, though the black and white words on the dsp above do not contain music, they do come from that pack, which is mostly music but has a few other patterns thrown in for versatility also. Versatile, that's exactly what this dsp is because it's black and white and it has various sizes of sheet music and fonts and sizes of words! I love it and because it's a lighter-weight paper, you get 24 sheets in the pack, so double for the same price as a standard dsp pack, so a good value too!!
Other goodies used on this project:
- Lots of Labels framelits - these are a 'go to' for me & are probably one of the more versatile of the framelit sets. I use them all the time & you'll see that evidenced more than once in this month's blog posts!
- The black lace trim I've used above is a retired one. I think it's sold out from the clearance rack now, but no worries, there's a new one in the Holiday catty and it's even more adorable. I know it's on my wish list for my next order (just had to use up what I had first;)
- Cherry Cobbler cardstock...my favourite of the SU reds!
- Stitched framelits - another 'go to'...I'm still luving these which were introduced this past spring...here I've used the largest oval.
Friday, September 01, 2017
Thursday, August 31, 2017
Sunday, July 09, 2017
This has been another of the free make & takes I'm doing right now for workshops. It showcases the new Ruffles dynamic embossing folder and 2 new in colours: berry burst & fresh fig...isn't that crinkled seam binding ribbon dreamy?!!
The little girl and flowers are stamp images from the Birthday Delivery stamp set & suite in the new catty. I've coloured her using my in colour ink pads (and an early espresso one too for her hair) and a blender pen. Do you colour with blender pens...I luv it...turns any ink pad into a marker, but with a little more control for shading & a little less finness needed than watercolouring!