Friday, August 10, 2012

Ornament Keepsake

This is my version of the ornament on the cover of the Holiday Catalog which was released October 1.  I loved it so much I had to sit down and figure out how to make it right away:)  The ornament is made out of 40 stamped images from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set and then cut out with the coordinating Holiday Ornaments framelits dies (20 each of 2 different images).  I stamped the ornament images in cherry cobbler and gumball green ink.  I've also used some of the new cherry cobbler scalloped tulle ribbon, a vintage faceted button and a large pearl jewel.  The rosette in the centre was made using a sheet from the Festival of Prints DSP Pack.  I did a few things differently than the one pictured on the Holiday Catalog and I have a few ideas for other ornaments I plan to make as we move into fall.  This particular ornament is quite large, a little bigger than 6 inches in diameter:)

I know it seems early to be crafting for Christmas, but I couldn't resist with the new Holiday Catalog and I just needed to figure out how to do this:))

If there is enough interest I will consider presenting the Ornament Keepsake as a class (with maybe a few other ornaments:)  I will offer a bit of a deal on the class to those who order the Ornament Keepsakes Bundle as then they can home and make more of their own and this would also be helpful to the class because if we are call stamping and die cutting 40 ornaments with just my big shot and bundle, it might be a very longggggg night;)  Be sure to contact me if you are interested:))

1 comment:

Hillary said...

I love Christmas! And i'd love to learn how to make this snazy ornament. You can put me down as interested if you are thinking of making it an official class. : )