Sunday, April 21, 2013

Smash Book - THIS & THAT - Epic Day!!

Smash books are all the rage these days and that is why SU has introduced 'This & That' which will be a new line in the new catalog coming out in June, and they've given us a sneak peek with a preview of the EPIC day suite through the end of April with a discount only available until April 30th if you get the bundle.
 
I decided to make my first journal be about all the things I'm learning...and a little of 'this & that'.  Above is my cover, which I'm not sure I'm finished;)  The dsp from the bundle is so vintage, I love it.  I know you can't completely tell from the instagram photo above but the pool party piece I used above has all sorts of words that mean something to me an I popped a few of those that mean a lot up on my cover:)
 

This is page one of my journal.  Entry 1 is all about 'Don't try so hard'...these are actually the lyrics to a brand new Amy Grant song that have so hit my heart, so I wrote them out on this page along with an instagram photo I took driving in the snow a few days ago....nothing about this page is perfect, and that's just what it should be...not perfect..gotta learn not to try so hard..."God gives you grace & you can't earn; don't think that you're not worth it..." 

I thinks creating this journal will be a good journey:)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh cool!! I've come up with a plan for my Kit too, I just need to snap some photos and get started! :)