Thursday, September 09, 2010

Embossing Charms


In the second September challenge over at A Charming Place, we were challenged to create a project using 3 charms and to emboss those charms. I never knew you could do that - what fun! I used a heart, key and slide charm and embossed them in 'pirates' gold':) Here's a link to the forum where Leah explains how:) It's really just like embossing a stamped image...stamp your charm into a versamark pad (generously!) and then emboss with embossing powder (generously again!) and a heat tool. As I was doing this, I realized a great application of this would be if you needed a silver brad and only had gold or a copper eyelet and only had silver:) I also pulled out my Big Shot for this project using several of my SU dies and my embossing plates. I think it's important to remember to pull out our stuff and play...too often we don't think to use what we have;)

Charms were, of course, from A Charming Place, and all other supplies were Stampin' Up including:
- chocolate chip, ridinghood red, vanilla, crumb cake and baja blue cardstock
- Artistic Etchings, Tiny Tags and French Flair stampsets
- Top Note and Label dies for the Big Shot along with one of the standard embossing plates
- Inks were: close to cocoa, chocolate chip, ridinghood red and black. I also used a versamark pad with the embossed pieces
- Ribbon: very vanilla satin ribbon, chocolate chip taffeta ribbon and linen thread

2 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Oh my word... this is so gorgeous, Sherri! Love it!

Sparkly Pink Star said...

I love your work, you make such pretty stuff!