Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Sounding Joy


My absolute favourite stampset this Christmas is a new set in the Holiday Mini..."The Sounding Joy'. I love the sentiment (the star includes all the words to 'Joy to the World'). And it just lends itself to simple vintage elegance. This is my take on the card in the mini. I used cherry cobbler cardstock and a bit of always artichoke. The ribbon is cherry seam binding. The star is stamped in more mustard and 'let earth receive her King' was embossed over that in new pewter embossing powder, also from the mini.

One other thing I would like to highlight is that the matt is the same colour as the cardbase, but to add dimension and texture I embossed it with the snowburst embossing folder and then inked the edges in cherry cobbler:)

No comments: