Thursday, June 01, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Thirteen Pretty Perennials in my garden:

(Busy busy week here, so it's going to be a quick list today, but I chose to do perennials because I had aweful luck with them the first year I tried, but this year I have been so pleasantly surprised at what's already blooming:)

1. Delphiniums
2. Chasta Daisies
3. Roses (ok, these aren't perennials, they're bushes, but they still return to bloom each year:)
4. Purple cone flower
5. Phlox
6. Salvia
7. Lilies (my friend Alana shared these with me from her garden last year and I think they will actually bloom this year:)
8. Irises (another plant shared with me by Alana...it didn't bloom last year, but I'm hoping it's established enough to bloom this year).
9. Painted Daisies.
10. Tulips (although they are done blooming now)
11. Obedient plant (this is what they look like as someone in the comments mentioned they hadn't seen one before)
12. Pink Nancy (got this at the Church perrenial sale last year and already I've been able to divide the plant and share it in other parts of our beds...I'm sure it has another name too.)
13. A purple flowering plant that I can't remember the name of right now, but when I get the chance to go out into the backyard tonight, I will update this with it's name)
**update* I went outside and there's no tag in the ground, so I still can't place the name of that plant, but I noticed that I have several other perrenials that I haven't already listed...dianthis, violas, aruga and chives.





Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!

View More Thursday Thirteen Participants

17 comments:

Wendy Boucher said...

Tulips are my favorite. I have to work hard at it but I've been able to raise a few here in Tampa.

Heather Smith said...

I love flowers! Roses especially. We have a climbing rose bush on a trellis. It's beautiful! Mine are up here and here!

Kelly said...

My Irises didn't bloom this year and I was disappointed. Painted daisies are so pretty! And I am sad that my tulips are gone.

-tnchick- said...

I have many flowers around my home but don't know the names of most. I know I have peonies, lily, roses, azelas (sp?) but not sure what else...

Melli said...

Sounds like you have a fabulous garden! I've never heard of "obedient plant" - I'm going to have to google that one! I LOVE delphiniums! Great list!

Unknown said...

What an amazing garden that must be. I wish I had such a beautiful garden, but me thumbs are not very green I must say. Thanks for stopping by today!

Anonymous said...

woah... thats many!

I can imagine u have a beautiful garden!

Anonymous said...

We have roses and they're beautiful. I just love their smell.

Lazy Daisy said...

Sounds really pretty. Of course I'm partial to the daisies!

Pixie said...

Sounds like you've got a beautiful flowerbed going there. I didn't plant anything this year. My iris' came back from the winter so I guess that's a good thing. Only, the white ones are the only ones that ever bloom & I planted 5 different colors, odd. My fav has to be geraniums; no matter how hard I try; I can't kill them. :-)

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

I just love flowers!!! We spent the last 2 weekends planting and doing multch! YOu have several of the same kinds of things we do, some of my very favorates, like 3 (number 1 fav) 7,8,and 10 :)GREAT list!

the lizness said...

I kill plants, I admire with great admiration those who can successfully grow things.

Tina@ SendChocolateNow said...

I love flowers, in a big way. But sadly, I have a black thumb. I keep hoping that I will get better, but I wonder if the real reason is that I am not dedicated enough and choose to spend my time doing other things. I don't weed regularly and such. I suppose I would if I really wanted it to be a priority. Something to think about.

Thanks for visiting my T13.

Renee Nefe said...

The new dianthus that I just bought this year had tags calling them annuals...wonder what's up with that. My clematis are blooming in order...its weird.

I’m so sorry that it took me so long to drop by today. Darly & I were planting stuff and then I got involved in a book…I know…not really a good excuse for not blogging…huh?

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog today. I really appreciate your comments.

Cheryl said...

When I saw the picture of 11 I thought it was a foxglove.
You are lucky - we are still in bluebells and apple blossom here - too early for heads on cultivated plants. Sounds like a lovely garden!

LibertyBelle said...

I've been out planting away and taking lots of pictures of flowers and trees.
You'll find lots of beautiful cherry blossoms just before they disappeared in one of my pictures!
I love flowers!
Good TT
My Thursday Thirteen is up.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I was out bloigging and found your site. It certainlhy got my attention and interest. I was looking for Silk information and even though this isn't a perfect match I enjoyed your site. Thanks for the read!