Sunday, June 30, 2013

Repurposed Journal

Inspired by page 106 of the new catalog, I repurposed this journal today.  I had bought a few board book journal from the clearance bin at Michael's a while back.  They had a nice heavy board book cover, but I didn't like the design on any of the covers, but I thought for < $1 each I could repurpose them. 

I covered the cover of the journal with a piece of sahara sand card stock.  I was debating between that and very vanilla, but I was getting low on vanilla and this rougher colour went well with the edges of the board book cover.  I stamped the Ex Libris background stamp in crushed curry (one of the new colors this year) and then I stamped 'God is love' from the Trust God stampset in strawberry slush below that.  The butterflies were punch with the large and small butterfly punches out of Bermuda bay card stock (also a new color this year).

I did the stamping before affixing the cover to the journal with tombow mon multi glue.  I measure the journal I was using and then cut the sahara sand  card stock to 10.5" (scored at 5" and 5.5") by 7" (ever journal is different, so always measure first!)

No comments: