Thursday, November 13, 2008

Guess where I've been?!

...and this was the view from the scrapbooking store there where I got to 'play' one afternoon! (that's the Three Sisters Mountain:)

For our anniversary, my amazing hubby and I took a quick trip to Calgary and then on to Cochrane, Canmore and Banff (we mostly stayed in our favourite little Inn in Canmore - think English charm, amazing views, fireplace....) We had originally planned to head to Jasper this year, but Brian Doerksen and Kathryn Scott were going to be in concert in Calgary, so we decided to go that route. It was quite the opportunity to see the two of them together (Kathryn is from Causeway Coast, Ireland - I could go on and on about what her and her husband have taught us...!)

So off to Calgary we went - and the concert was AMAZING! ...and we did end up really enjoying our few days there, but mostly because we worked really hard at it - as it turned out that it was very stressful to get around Calgary and the shopping wasn't what we thought it would be, but we did end up eating at White Spot (one of our favourites), spending a morning at IKEA and finding a guitar and scrapbooking shop that we enjoyed, so all was well and then off to the mountains we went!

Canmore was were we spent our 5th Anniversary last year and so it is very special to us! As that was the first time we ever did a getaway like this:) Time prevents me from telling you about all the beautiful things we saw and did, but it was all charming, and not only did I get to look around in this cute scrapbook shop there with the view above, but I got to create a bit there. This is my first acrylic mini album - I got their scrapping room all to myself - just me, the mountains and the fireplace:) The book's not done yet, but I thought I'd post my progress since it had been so long since I posted something:)

No comments: