Thursday, September 01, 2011

Pin Cushion Hostess Gift



Tonight marks the start of my new technique club and Ruth is tonight's hostess. I thought I'd make each month's hostess a little something for their month and this is what I came up with for Ruth. I decided I needed to stretch myself and come up with something I'd been meaning to try or learn in what I made the hostess, and I've been meaning to craft more with fabric, so from there came the inspiration for this project. That and I had just received the new beau chateau designer fabric and was in the love with it, and I thought Ruth would be too since she loves all things vintage:) The 'create' tag was stamped by using markers and I'd been wanting to combine those 2 stamps (the frame and sentiment) from the Creative Elements stampset ever since I first saw that in a sneak peek from the Stampin Up cruise that some of my fellow demonstrators earned. All the fabric elements for this project were cutout with the Big Shot (scallop square die and circle scallops die) and the cushion was stitched together by hand with linen thread. I finished it off with a pin with pearls and other pretties from the retired pretties kit and I added some chantilly lace, rhinestone jewels and pin from the vintage trickets pack (all available in the current catalog:)

This month's technique is embossing and I'll be back tomorrow and the next day to show you our projects, so come back tomorrow if you want to see 'faux metal' embossing:))

1 comment:

Ruth said...

and Ruth does love it! :)