Friday, September 02, 2011

Established Elegance/Faux Metal



On this card from last night's technique club we worked with the 'faux metal' technique of embossing. You press your cardstock into versamark and then cover it with embossing powder and heat set it, then repeat 3-4 times and then you press your stamp (preinked in versamark) into the hot embossed cardstock to create the impression that ends up looking like faux metal!

I knew I wanted this to be one of our projects when I saw the new holiday mini that started on September 1st where Stampin Up introduced its new pewter embossing powder. From the second I got my preorder I had to play with it and there are several images in the Established Elegance stampset that was used on this card that work beautifully with this technique!

Supplies used on this card include (all SU):
- cardstock: early espresso, very vanilla, cherry cobbler
- ink: early espresso, cherry cobbler, always artichoke, versamark
- dsp: first edition
- ribbon: chantilly lace, always artichoke seam binding
- punches: 1 1/4" cirlce & boho blossoms punch
- big shot: scalloped circles die & frames impressions folder
- pearl jewels:)

1 comment:

Ruth said...

and I will be using the faux metal technique! A LOT! :D