Monday, July 01, 2013

It's only a paper frame...

 
I made this paper frame this morning.  The base is a 6.25 x 6.25' piece of wisteria wonder cardstock.  Then I made the frame/matt out of a 6x6" piece of  Afternoon Picnic dsp wich I attached with stampin dimensionals, leaving room at the top to insert the picture (picture window is 4x4").  It took a bit to figure out the easel part in the back but I came up with something I'm happy with (even though it will not fold down flat...I sacrificed folding down for sturdy-ness).  I embellished the frame with some pressed clay flowers I made.  I tinted the clay with some baked brown sugar ink refill drops.  I was going for vanilla and I got a little closer to crumbcake (probably about half way between these two colours), but overall I was very happy with the result.  I also punched some butterflies out of wisteria cardstock to finish off the top right corner.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

This is really pretty!! :)