Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Happenings - a fun night making cards with my bestie:)

I picked up SU's Happenings card kit last spring, but had never gotten around to using it.  Then this week I was getting together with my bestie & I thought, why not, instead of the usual meet for coffee/ice cream, why not make some cards...and she said she'd bring ice cream!  Perfect plan:)  First of all, just spending time with my dear friend is a treasure, but her idea of bringing ice cream turned out to be an ice cream cake?!:)  And all I had to do was pull out the Happenings card kit and a few stamps & inks...no prep time & maximum fun time!!  Often when I'm holding a class/club, I spend hours coming up with the project & prepping all the supplies, not the case last night.  Last night, the only thing we spent hours on was giggling & sharing & creating:) So fun!!

We each created what we wanted from the kit.  It was perfect because if we needed birthday or thank you or congrats cards, we could adjust them to our particular needs.  I loved the colour palette too:  strawberry slush, pear pizzaz, Bermuda bay, baked brown sugar and smoky slate...oh & sparkly silver too!:)  The stamp sets I pulled out were:  And Many More (has greetings for every possible occasion), Groovy Love (because it's brand new & I hadn't played with it yet:) and Sent with Love (Retired but an old favourite and it had some of the border and envelope bits that were perfect for the cards:)

No comments: