Saturday, September 20, 2014

Gratitude for Days Cards - Part Un

We realized a great accomplishment at my day-job this week & so I've been making gratitude cards this weekend.  All of them used the Gratitude for Days stamp set from Stampin up.  They also all used some seam binding ribbon, but I sprayed it (and the cards) with color shine (a non-stampin up  product by Heidi Swapp).  The patterned paper I used is from an old stack in my stash.  I just loved the colors and felt it would make for pretty cards:)
 
Rather than using an envelope for this 5 x 5 card, I created a pocket out of the patterned paper by cutting a 6 x 12 sheet of it, folding in half and then making a slit for the card to tuck in.  I also stamped a on it...loved the way the slash border from the Gratitude for Days Stamp Set framed the pocket.
Then inside I used a color shine base for my card & sprayed it with sweet cherry, white, gold & primrose color shine.  I also used some more patterned paper from my stash.  I stapled tags & a ribbon on the upper corner with my 'count your blessings' sentiment from the Gratitude for Days set. 

No comments: