Friday, January 23, 2015

January Club Projects - SAB Best Year Ever & Hello Life Memory File

For my January club I decided I wanted to show them how to make a photo stack with dsp & I thought it would be the perfect timing with the start of SAB and the beautiful Best Year Ever dsp that can be earned for free during SAB!:)   ...well that morphed into a full memory file as I decided I wanted a way to display a few pictures of my daughter on my desk...

(Above) is the cover....the base file is out of a pack I got on sale at Staples (Martha Stewart line).  I chose them because they coordinated well with coastal cabana & they were on sale.  I trimmed the file down to the size I wanted.  The front was embellished with the new butterflies thinklet dies, some seam binding ribbon and an image from the new Hello Life stamp set which I cut out with framelits and matted with coastal cabana.  The words were double stamped since the stamp set is in photopolymer, that gave a raised border/shadow to the words which were stamped in soft suede and then coast cabana.
(above) is what the inside looks like & is how I intend to display the memory file on my desk.  The dsp, ribbons and buttons all came from the SAB brochure & can be earned for free during SAB!:)

 Above is a close up of the photostack we made using the Best Year Ever dsp.  We took 2 strips (4 x12) of different double sized patterns and folded them in half with about an inch offset to create the photostack...then we used a cropadile to punch 2 holes in the top spine and then bound the 4 resulting stacked pages together with the Best Year Ever coordinating ribbon.


Above is a close up of the feature picture page on which we created a matt with the Best Year Ever dsp and then we created that cute little pennant using the pennant builder punch and the Irresistibly Yours specialty dsp also in the SAB brochure.  We used the fan patterned sheet and a spritzer filled with alcohol and a few drops of coastal cabana to spray the specialty dsp which has an emboss/resist effect.  We trimmed the pennant banner with some of the buttons from the Best Year Ever embellishment pack from the SAB brochure.  It's great how everything coordinates in the SAB lines used...made it even simpler to design and put this project together:)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

Cuuuute photo book! and cute pics of her too! :)