Sunday, January 25, 2015

Painted Petals - You Are Amazingly Amazing Cards

I luv, luv, luv the Painted Petals stamp set in the new Occasions Catalog...I think I've said before it's probably my favourite thing.   When I got a chance to just sit down and create for fun today, it was the first thing I reached for...and it didn't hurt that SUs artisan design team was also creating inspiration with it this month:)

The above card not only used Painted Petals but I also the I(heart)u cutout using the Label Card thinlets die.  I was inspired by another demonstrators use of the cutout of alphabet letters on a card she made this month & I luved how this worked out when I tried it:)


I liked the first card so well, that I kept on playing as I wanted to make this card for a friend currently in hospital.  I used the same stampset, Painted Petals, but this time I stamped more images and played with a flower punch rather than a thinlet cutout for this one & I embellished the flower with a rhinestone.

Inks used on these cards were:
- blushing bride & raspberry ripple for the flowers (RR is now retired, so you could use melon mambo or rose red instead, but I'm still in love with RR, so that is what I pulled out:)
- pear pizzaz for the leafs

The card base for the first card was island indigo, but for the second card I tried Bermuda bay...not sure which I like best

The washi tape used to border both cards comes from the Epic Day pack in the annual catalog.

No comments: