Friday, January 08, 2016

Tools You can Use! ...for the Big Shot - Precision Base Plate AND Big Shot Die Brush!!

A few days ago I shared a flip frame décor project I've been working on using many of the new items from the Occasions Catty.  This is another page I'm working on and I created that gorgeous heart with the NEW blushing bride glimmer paper (LUV it!!) and the NEW Blooming Heart Thinlet dies (the greeting below comes from the French version of a FREE SAB set called 'What I love':)

I'll share more projects with the Blooming Heart Thinlet in the coming week as my stamp club meets next Thursday and we will definitely be playing with this new die!!  In the meantime though, I wanted to share with you some videos about 2 tools for the Big Shot that make using intricate thinlets like this so much easier!!

The first is the Big Shot Die Brush, which is NEW in the Occasions Catalog, and I can't believe how easy it makes to get all those little bits out after you cut intricate dies...it's been amazing with both the Blooming Hearts AND the Rose thinlet dies from the Occasions Catty (and it's great for those intricate butterfly ones from the Annual Catalog also!!)

Here is a video from SU showcasing not only the Blooming Heart die, but also the Big Shot Die Brush...if you have a Big Shot, I'm pretty sure you're going to want this brush, and the good news is it's pretty reasonably priced:)


The other TOOL that is really good with these intricate thinlet dies is the Precision Base Plate.  I was late coming to the table on this product which was introduced in the Holiday Catalog, but when it was on weekly deal a bit over a month ago, I broke down and with all the new intricate dies from the Occasions Catalog I'm thrilled I did.  Here is the SU video on this tool and a second one with further tips and tricks.  One caution I'd give is to be careful if you use this product with the magnetic platform...Brandy does use the two together in the video above, but as the Precision Base Plate is metal they can create a powerful bond and I wouldn't want anyone to hurt themselves...SU also cautions about this in the videos below.



No comments: