Saturday, March 14, 2009

Scallop Envelope Treat Box

I made this one almost exactly like the tutorial I found for a couple of reasons... the main reason though was that Patti had some clever ideas in there and I didn't want to miss a step! The neatest tip that I learned was that when you want to colour a stamp 2 toned, you can stamp the stamp into the ink pad that will be most of the colour and then REMOVE the ink on the words you want to colour differently with your BLENDER pen and then colour them in with either a marker or your blender pen and an ink pad! Isn't that clever? I've never thought of removing the ink with the blender pen...I've tried using a baby wipe (which isn't so good for detailed work)...I've also tried using a piece of tape over the words when I first stamp the image...I've also tried using a marker on the whole image...BUT this is the best way I've tried by far! Use a blender pen!! - ingenious Patti!!

On my next box, I indend to stamp the background of the cardstock first, but other than that, I don't think I'd change much...this little treat box is adorable!

3 comments:

Stamping Cafe said...

Another adorable, love the shape and the colors are yummy!

jolie said...

What chipboard did you use for you bookmark with the flower brads? I need to make a bunch 50-75 of these and I don't have enough of the SU chipboard from the bulk buy...
I saw you asked the question on Angie's blog about where to find the notepads...you can find them at staples or office max or office depot...they are 5x8 and comes in packs of 12...I hope that helps.
thanks!
Jolie

Sherri said...

The chipboard for both the blue and the red bookmarks I made was from a pack from Stampin up - one had a window and the other was just a rectangle with rounded corners. I just improvised based on what I had. I have seen making memories chipboard packs at Michael's that might work from somethign like this - there is wavy frames in it and lots of square pieces that you punch a flower or heart out of - hope this helps:)