Saturday, December 04, 2010

Hockey Night in Canada


Saturday is Hockey Night in Canada - our team, the Canucks, isn't playing tonight, but we recently celebrated my father-in-law's brithday and his team, the Habs are. He is their best fan and if they would only listen to him they would win the cup every year!;) It's sometimes hard to come up with card ideas for male family members, but I just always try to go back to what they love. I may love romance & vintage, but that definitely isn't my FIL, so I made him this card using his favourite team's colours. I used SU's All in the Family stampset along with the Family Accessories and came up with an equation that made him smile. My FIL + hockey = winning combination. I tied a piece of striped taffeta around the bottom and attached a computer charm from ACP on the bottom since he does most his coaching from his computer!;) It's not my favourite card I've made, but it was one of my FIL's favourites so I achieved my goal!:)

Recipe (all SU except for charm which was ACP):
Cardstock: cherry cobbler, not quite navy, very vanilla
Stamps: All in the Family & Family Accessories
Ink: basic black, cherry cobbler + markers

No comments: