Saturday, December 21, 2013

Ringlet Wreath

You have, no doubt, seen these paper wreaths all over the blog-o-sphere his holiday season.  I think the idea originated with Jill Olsen, but I can't be sure.  I thought it would be fun to make these wreaths with my downline etc. with the festive dsp left from the season.  The wreath above was actually made with some of last year's dsp, but it is available currently on the clearance rack, as are the embellishments I used.  Click on 'shop now' in my right sidebar --> to visit my SU website and see what's all still in stock in clearance.

To make a wreath like this (and you can make one for any season...doesn't have to be Christmas...I might just have to make a spring one this year, I'm thinking;) all you need is:
- a 10-12" foam wreath
- 140 or so stick pins
- 6 sheets of double sided patterned designer series paper (cut into half inch strips)
- a bone folder (to curl each of the strips of dsp into ringlets)
- about 1.5 - 2 hrs to play & create:)

No comments: