Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Paper Pumpkin

I spent some time creating with March's Paper Pumpkin today...and I did it MY way! 

I didn't care for the colour scheme nor the natural wood finish on the wooden accents so I changed it up!  I used coastal cabana, raspberry ripple & gold for my inks & I pressed each of those natural wood finish pieces into an inkpad to create the colours I wanted!  The only caution I'd give you with this is that your fingers get inking and it takes a while to dry, but I loved the result...It even worked well in the gold pad! 

I also cut apparent some of the envelope liners to create different accents on the cards as I was having trouble with the polymer stamps included in this month's kit...they weren't stamping well or even...so glad I stamped on scrap a bunch first...you'll see I used them a bit, but I abandoned them completely when it came time to do up the envelopes and pulled out a banner rubber set from SAB.  One thing I'd really like to highlight for you is that SU doubled the quantity of cards in this month's kit...there were 8 card bases and 8 envelopes...which, to me, is a much better value that in previous kits!!  I also liked the 3 trends I got to play with in this month's kit:
- watercolor backgrounds (see the coastal cabana watercolor stripes on the card basis
- gold...using gold in décor, clothing, crafting, it's all the rage these days
- glitter...love the little dots, don't you?!

If you haven't subscribed to Paper Pumpkin just yet but would like to try it, contact me and I'll help you out!!

Oh and for the traditionalists, here's a video from SU of what this month's Paper Pumpkin projects were supposed to look like:



1 comment:

Tanya said...

Oh very cute!! Love the pop of extra color you gave it!
Glad to see you back! :)