Saturday, May 10, 2014

May Club Project #1 - Out of the Salt Shaker...Paper Roses

The first project I taught at this month's stampin club was this little bouquet of paper roses.  We made each of the roses using the spiral flower die and then attached them to a wire stem using a small flower I cut using the fun flowers die.  We punched a whole in the small flowers that I cut in old olive (as I ran out of gumball green...all of the retiring color cardstock seems to be sold out already!).  Then we punched a small hole in the middle and fed the wire through, bent 1/4" of it over at a 90 degree angle and adhered everything with glue dots.  It's just that simple!  Did I mention the rose is adhered with only glue dots too...each rose takes exactly 3 glue dots, that's it!!

The stems were then arranged in salt shakers, which is an idea I saw on pinterest.  I thought is was a genius way to help give the little bouquets structure, and I bought these salt shakers very reasonably at the dollar store.  We actually used the pepper shaker in club and I set the matching salt shaker home with each member to create something else with!
We finished off the project by embellishing with some retiring gumball green satin ribbon and a tag that was stamped in raspberry ripple (retiring) with an image from the Four Frames stampset and punched with the coordinating label punch.  Then we stamped in gumball green (retiring) either 'x is extra that's how special you are' or 'y is for you that's who this is for'.  Both of these images come from the Occasions Alphabet stampset that is also retiring.  We punched this image out with the large oval punch and popped it up on the frame with a dimensional.

No comments: