Sunday, May 11, 2014

Club Project #2 This Month - Amazing Family Quilted Cards

Our second project his month was this quilted card.  Here is the process to create a quilted effect on the card:
- first punch squares of dsp (in my case, I used the Fresh Prints DSP paper stack).  I punched 4 squares of 4 different patters to achieve the effect above.
- then lay them out on your cardstock base, leaving the odd square blank/white (this makes all the difference when you quilt it!).  I find it works the best when I start in a diagonal line from the left corner to the right (perfectly vertical/horizontal can achieve a less authentic effect).  I was going for a patchwork effect:)
- then glue your squares down one you are happy with the layout
- trim any squares hanging over your card base
- emboss the card front.  I pulled out several of my embossing folders for club to use.  The most popular for this project were:  arrows textured and mosaic madness.
- stamp & embellish with a greeting!  The greeting above came from the Amazing Family stamp set which is sadly retiring.  I really luv this set as it is so versatile.  I did 'amazing mother' above as it's mother's day was coming up (and is in fact the day I chose to post this project...happy mother's day ladies!!)  Below you can see, that I did several of them too with 'amazing friend'.
 
Be sure to let me know I you decide to make a quilted card too!:))  I'd love to see:)

No comments: