Our second project his month was this quilted card. Here is the process to create a quilted effect on the card:
- first punch squares of dsp (in my case, I used the Fresh Prints DSP paper stack). I punched 4 squares of 4 different patters to achieve the effect above.
- then lay them out on your cardstock base, leaving the odd square blank/white (this makes all the difference when you quilt it!). I find it works the best when I start in a diagonal line from the left corner to the right (perfectly vertical/horizontal can achieve a less authentic effect). I was going for a patchwork effect:)
- then glue your squares down one you are happy with the layout
- trim any squares hanging over your card base
- emboss the card front. I pulled out several of my embossing folders for club to use. The most popular for this project were: arrows textured and mosaic madness.
- stamp & embellish with a greeting! The greeting above came from the Amazing Family stamp set which is sadly retiring. I really luv this set as it is so versatile. I did 'amazing mother' above as it's mother's day was coming up (and is in fact the day I chose to post this project...happy mother's day ladies!!) Below you can see, that I did several of them too with 'amazing friend'.
Be sure to let me know I you decide to make a quilted card too!:)) I'd love to see:)