Saturday, July 25, 2015

Floral Wings - I have a favourite!


This project was made as an outpouring of something God is teaching me.  At the end of June our Pastor talked about really noticing what's going on in our lives, the blessings and the daily things we sometimes take for granted.  He really challenged us to 'take note' of such things over the summer...
As I reflected on this, I realized that I'm usually pretty good about taking note of things like beautiful skies & blessings & loved ones, but one day as I was doing my devotional, I realized that I'm not so good at taking notice of what God is doing in me...and of the progress...I can be so hard on myself and so focused on the fact that I haven't arrived & I'm far from perfect that I don't notice or celebrate the progress.  That was a 'hello' moment for me and  so I made this project to have framed in my office to remind me to 'take note' of all that God is doing in my life:)  (I Bible journaled about this too...see picture at the end of this post:)

This was project was made with an inexpensive frame I had picked up at Michaels.  I then put a piece of basic black cardstock behind the glass and I built the focal piece on top of the glass.  I used a piece of mint macaron card stock which I did the bokeh technique on (with craft white ink and a sponge dauber).  I then layered a piece of Go Wild dsp (the b&w stripes), a piece of velum I embossed with a Fun Frames folder and a piece of dotted lace trip.  I topped this with the butterfly image and the sentiment 'hello' which I cut using the Hello You Thinlets in whisper white.

The focal image of this piece is the butterfly though.  I stamped it in basic black and then went back with Strawberry Slush and Mint Macaron to fill in the roses and leaves:)  The stamped images come from the Floral Wings stamp set in the new annual catalog & YES, I do have a favourite stamp set and this is it!!  This stamp set is a hostess set, which means that it's only available to people who host a workshop/card club or place a minimum order ($200 or more in Canada).  It's a great value at only $13, hostess dollars that is...  Over the next day or two I'll show you a few more ways that I've been using my new favourite set!:))

...and for those interested, here is by Bible Journal page related to the story I told above which inspired today's project as I journaled on what God is teaching me in Colossians 3...

...v18 says we are being changed from one degree of glory to another...that growth & progress that I mentioned in my project story above...God's really been putting on my heart to enjoy this bit of glory on the way to the next, not to miss it!  In the words of Mama J, "I may not be where I need to be, but thank God I'm not where I used to Be!  ...I'm OK and I'm on my way!" <3 p="">

No comments: