Saturday, May 07, 2005

Pizza-dilla

What do you get when you cross pizza with quesadilla? Pizza-dilla, my latest experiment in the kitchen. It all started when we sampled some thinly sliced turkey pepperoni during our grocery shopping trip this week...ever since then I've been craving pizza. Right now I'm kind of in a 'wraps' groove, so I just kind of combined those two and here's what I came up with...

1 - 2 wraps (we use the organically sprouted whole wheat ones from Costco)
Pizza sauce
Grated cheddar (we use light, old cheddar from Cracker Barrel)
Turkey pepperoni (thin rounds)

Warm a non-stick skillet and lightly spray with non-stick cooking spray. Lay a wrap/Tortilla in the pan. Put some pizza sauce on top (I go very lightly on this). Sprinkle grated cheddar (as much or little as you want) on top of that. Lay slices of pepperoni (again as much or as little as you want) on top of that. You also might want to sprinkle parmesan on top of that. You can either stop there and just wait for the cheese to melt and eat it open face, or you can put another wrap on top and flip it over part way through cooking to warm the other side. When it's done, just cut into wedges and serve. I really like how this turned out:)

No comments: