Thursday, June 30, 2005

Girls' Night!

Amanda and I have been having lots of girls' nights this week while Les has been away working. Tonight we made Chinese for supper and watched the movie "What a Girl Wants". We had seen it together before in the theatre, but that was a couple of years ago, so when it was available at the library, we thought we'd see it again. Our favourite line from the movie was when a friend of the main character's said to her, "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were made to stand out?!" Amanda and I talked quite a lot about what that meant and about what good advice that was. Also, as far as I'm concerned, you can't complain about a movie with Colin Firth in it... (Guilty confession time, I think he's delightful as far as actors go...I mean you can't go wrong with a cross between Mr. Darcy and my own dear hubby?!!) The movie had a happy ending...daughter reunited with father; father brings charming boy that daughter likes back to her; father and mother deeply in love...you know, your typical "happily ever after". As we cuddled tonight Amanda and I talked about how we are living our own happily ever after:) We talked, we laughed, we shared chai lattes and cherries with pits...gotta love girls' night!!

On another note, this afternoon we went bike riding, and I just have one question for you... How is it that you can feel so good bike-riding...feel like you could go on forever and then, the moment you get off the bike find yourself to be overheating a bit?! It must have something to do with the wind and velocity keeping you cool, but both Amanda and I felt that way. Oh well, at least it was a nice day for a ride:)

No comments: