Friday, June 10, 2005

The muck is gone! And we've been doing some yardwork. Finally my wait is over and I can put things in my front flower bed! We weren't even allowed to top up the dirt until this past Wednesday, and so last night my man, who does so many things just to make me happy, filled the bed up with more dirt so that I could plant today:)

And plant I did! For over 3 hours this morning I was out there planting flowers and filling pots:)) (And doing plenty of deep squatting!!) I got the front all done, but the backyard is not quite finished yet... I'm hoping to get some perenniels at the sale at the Church this weekend, and then there are a few more that some dear friends have said they would share with me... And oh yes, I can't forget there are the rose bushes that Brenda said she would share with me!! And I still have to plant my tomato plants, that is, once I get them... We are heading out to the Berry Barn on Sunday with the Inlaws, as is our tradition, where I will get some Early Girl tomato plants:)

All the flowers aren't as lush yet as they will be, but I'm very pleased with how it is coming together, and I guess we'll just have to wait and see them bloom and grow in the weeks and months ahead, which, in and of itself, is a bit of a parable for our hearts, so I'll just leave you to think about that a bit:)

No comments: