Monday, September 04, 2006

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pike Place was the very first location of Starbucks in Seattle, and so for their 35th anniversary they have released the original Pike Place brew to commemorate it. Les and I had a date-night out last night, and the evening was concluded with a trip to the Starbucks on Broadway. After I had had my macchiato and biscotti (and Les his mocha light frap) the barrista made a french press of the Pike Place brew for us, and we did a sampling. It's a strong brew with a nutty aroma...very full bodied. As we sat there enjoying our lovely saucered-mugs of it, two thoughts went through my mind. First - 'I just love how Starbucks treats us', and second - 'I wonder if I'm going to be able to sleep tonight?!' (In the end I did!:)

No comments: