Saturday, August 23, 2008

Back from Vacation




So we just got back from a week of vacation last night... We headed to Alberta - Edmonton and Red Deer mainly and had a great time! I didn't get to craft a lot on this trip, but my hubby was so sweet and took me to several scrapbooking places, and so I did get a bit of a craft fix... particularly on Wednesday when we popped into the Scrapbooker's Paradise in Red Deer. That's where I made this little 'joy' project! I love make and takes - quick and cheerful, but enough to get my creative juices running! I also loved that they gave me a discount coupon as a visitor for the day (definitely 3*s). Other cute crafting spots I visited in Edmonton included Treasured Memories (this place is just beautiful - definitely 3 *'s - they had a lot of stuff that I've read about but never seen - and I bought my first ever Thickers there!), Scrap-a-lot (2*'s) and Creative Scrapbooks (right across from West Edmonton Mall - got the cutest Me & My Big Idea's kit there - 2 1/2 *'s).

We did get to do a lot of shopping on this trip - and I got the cutest pair of Geox's (that's Italian leather shoes - a real first for me), some cute tops (my hubby even bought me some argyle!)...and then back to that crafting theme, I got some of those rails from Ikea for my craft supplies and punches (I'll post a picture on another day once I get it all set up). Oh, and we had a lot of Starbucks stops along the way, of course!

3 comments:

Everybody's Auntie said...

oh how I missed you! Glad you had so many fun adventures -- can't wait to hear about them all and seem them as well! Will we see you at Nicole's this week?
Question: the cool joy make&take: what are the pieces connected with? Looks like big staples? I'm intrigued!
Love ya a bazillion!
A

Sherri said...

Yes the blocks are connected by staples - the blocks themselves are chipboard covered with DP and the letters are done out of the neat new DP that was ripped and crinkled then ironed and then cut with a die cut machine.

...and yes - I'll be at Nicole's this week too! See you there!

Sankari W. said...

your husband is an awesome guy for going with you to the scrapbook stores! that is such a cute pic of you two and that project is beautiful!!!