Today I thought I'd combine several *new* things in my post:
- new products I've received from the new Stampin' Up Idea Book & Catalog;
- Shelli's new creative challenge for July...which was to make a project with new product;
- a new colour combination idea (I was looking for what colours would work well with the new in colour, wisteria wonder...I love this combo of cherry cobbler & soft suede!); AND
- the open house I'm hosting tonight for the new Idea Book & Catalog:)
This project is the make & take that we'll be making tonight at the new catalog open house. It is a gratitude journal, and I first got the idea for it here...although mine looks completely different:)
The gratitude journal is made with the following new products that I just had to try out from the new Idea Book & Catalog:
- wisteria wonder cardstock...this is my new favourite colour!!!
- flirtatious DSP...also new and so delicate & girly!
- designer frames textured impressions embossing folders...the set comes with two frames, I used the oval one here and oh I love them!! This is one of my very favourite things in the new catalog!:)
- creative elements stampset...also new in the new catalog...it is so versatile...and don't you jsut love how the pattern on the butterfly ties in with the flirtatious dsp?!
- lace ribbon border punch...the possibilities are endless with this...I used it to create the red border for my dsp piece AND to create the centre piece in wisteria wonder inside my frame...love it!
I rounded out the project with some favourtes supplies like:
- the linen thread I sewed the journal together with...just thread a needle!
- the mini library clip
- the fabulous phrases stampset
- soft sued cardstock and ink...that's a new/old favourite of mine:)
- cherry cobbler and naturals ivory cardstock
- boho flowers punch
- pearl jewels
I'm looking forward to getting together with the girls to fawn over the new catalog tonight and make our journals!:)