Wednesday, June 14, 2006
Thirteen reasons I haven't posted since last week's Thursday Thirteen:
1. I tried to milk the weekend for all it was worth as I wasn't looking forward to going back to work on Monday.
2. When I went back to work, in addition to the pressure and stress I had expected, there were unexpected 'surprises'.
3. One of my staff is off on an extended sick leave again.
4. I can't hire a temporary person to fill in as we just have week to week notification from this staff member's doctor...as we have to keep her job open for her.
5. I'm hoping she gets better very quickly, but based on the reports I heard along with my own brief encounter with her, I suspect it will take much longer. (She is, of course, in my prayers)
6. So all my staff, who were already strained, are being pushed even further. (They are in my prayers too!)
7. And there were quite a number of things added to my plate to cover as well this week...only there really wasn't room on my plate for them...
8. And apparently, last week, in my absense, the big boss made life pretty difficult for several of my staff.
9. Turns out he made it difficult for staff in other departments too.
10. And now they are not motivated to do extra to meet with these challenges. (And I've been trying my best to encourage and motivate them.)
11. As a result of the staff out on leave and this motivation issue, not as much progress has been made on a big project that the big boss is focused on. (We're fighting fires people!)
12. I'm afraid of his reaction when he returns on Monday...even though I've done my best...unfortunately it is out my control and I can only do what I can do.
13. Last night when I did have some time to myself, I spent it outside with a cup of tea and my Bible talking to God about this all. I'm not 100% certain of His will on this, but I am 100% certain of His love and of how faithful He has been to me. So if you think of me, send up a prayer or two...thx:)
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants