Monday, January 02, 2012

Ribbon/Hair Elastic(?!) Bookmark


These are super simple to make and could be a make and take at your next workshop if you contact me in January (we can very the colours, ribbon and stamps though:)

This one I made for my daughter and her new journal for the new year. She's loving purple these days so I used a colour scheme of elegant eggplant, wisteria wonder and pretty in pink (and a touch of lucky limeade since there are dabs of it in the circles on the journal:)

ALSO... you will notice some new products from the upcoming Occasions mini that I used in this project: the stamps are from Apothecary art and the stamped image has been cutout with the coordinating framelits die for the bigshot and then mounted on a coordinating framelit the next size up. That's right, I said 'coordinating'...and that means that you can easly stamp your image and cut it out for a perfect finish (there are also heart shaped framelits and a coordinating stampset in the mini too!!)

Also, I don't think you can clearly see it in the size of the image on this blog post, but the finished project is sprayed with smooch spritz and there is a new one of those in the Occasions mini (which starts January 4th!) too!!

The ribbon base of the bookmark is the elegant eggplant scallop dotted ribbon and the ribbon on the button is the free ribbon you can earn as part of the button and brad pack in the SAB mini later this month!. I also used pearls from the jewel pack and butterfly embosslets...oh, and a hair elastic to put it together... if you want to see how, book your next workshop and I'll design one for you as either a demonstration or a make and take at your workshop using more fun products from the upcoming minis!:))

No comments: