Saturday, June 23, 2012

Birthday Cupcakes!

My husband made these delicious looking red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing for a little birthday gathering he is having for me tonight (my birthday was last week).  And I couldn't resist doing something a little self-indulgent to them...I made little eiffel tower toppers.  The toppers were easy-peasy...I just used the artitistic etchings stampset for the large one in the centre (and you probably can't see it from the distance, but it adorned with rhinestones too;).  I matted the centre one with one of the apothecary accents framelits.  For the surrounding cupcakes I made their toppers with the postage due stampset and coordinating punch.  I mounted each of the toppers (double sided) to a piece of raspberry ripple cardstock using some dimensionals...and the toothpicks I used to insert them to the cupcakes were glued on to the inner layer of the  raspberry ripple piece with crystal effects.  I suppose you're not supposed to 'help' with the making of your own birthday cake, but  this was just too much fun not try...getting to make the toppers was a bit of a gift to me:))  ...can hardly wait til I can have of one of those cupcakes tonight!;)

No comments: