Friday, February 22, 2013

Dress Up


 
 
This project was made purely for me.  I just sat down with the Dress Up Framelits, the Artisan Embellishment Kit and the Flower Trim and made what I felt like.  I might find a place for this on my desk at work.  It's pretty and vintage and everything I like and it has my word for 2013 (love) on it too! 

Other items I used on this project were the Established Elegance stamp set and I used an old wooden spool and a wooden skewer for the base for this project (and some hot glue).  I also used a bit of the crumb cake tulle I had left over from the Holiday Catalog for the hem of the dress (sorry, it is no longer available, but the Established Elegance stamp set is, just see in the Annual Catalog).  I got the idea for putting my dress up form into the wooden spool from Kimberley.  Her blog is Stampin by the Sea.  She has a couple of examples on her blog of making skirts for dress forms.  She likes to use the pop-up posies designer kit, here's an example here, and she likes to melt tulle (like the tulle SU had in the Holiday Catalog).

No comments: