Sunday, February 24, 2013

"Bless" Banner - Artisan Embellishments




I wanted to make a spring banner for my home and I went back and forth with what I wanted it to say.  I decided upon 'bless' as it is truly appropriate for both Easter and St. Patrick's Day and we could all use a reminder to focus more each day on our blessings and to bless others too.

My upline (Susan) also provided some inspiration for this banner and the use of the Artisan Embellishments Kit which I combined with my favourite of the dsp pattern in the Sycamore Street dsp pack that you can earn for free during sale-a-bration.  I also used some First Edition dsp (probably my all time favourite) and both summer starfruit and crumbcake card stock.  I had a hard time choosing between the morning post and broadsheet alphabet stampsets for the lettering, but I ended up going with broadsheet...this time.

Banner's are all the rage in home décor right now, so I'm planning to do a class on a banner similar to this using the Artisan Embellishments Kit but using cardstock that coordinates more closely with the kit (vanilla, primrose, pool party/Baja breeze & crumbcake). The banner we will make in the class will be customizable for any (appropriate) four letter word.  I will be making one using the word HOME at the class, but you will be able to customize it to LOVE or MOM>3, etc.    The class will be on April 6th (March 14th registration deadline & spaces limited), and I will email details and invites out shortly.  For the next few days though registration is only open to the ladies in my monthly club.  But if you are interested, feel free to email me if you don't get an invite by the end of the week.  Also, a take & make kit will be available for the class banner.

 
 


3 comments:

Stampin' VMG206 said...

LOVE! I left you a comment on Stampin' Connection, too! I love your style ~ and joined your blog today. I'd love for you to visit my blog, too.
~ Megin of VMG206

Unknown said...

This is absolutely STUNNING !! I am in the process of making a banner for my sons room, what are the measurements on your pennants ?? They are so beautiful. TFS !!

Sherri said...

Catherine, thanks for your sweet words...the penance are 3" x 5.5"...hope this helps:)