Friday, April 04, 2014

Business Card Holder

 
I needed a new business card holder, well 2 really...one for my desk at work and one for my volunteer position, at which I'm working an event this weekend and wanted to have my cards on my feature table, so a holder was in order to keep them in place!

I kept making a fairly wobbly version until I stumbled upon Sam's tutorial here.  Sam is in the UK and is so clever at these things & she thought to add feet to the box - brilliant!!  I adapted her box slightly as my tools work in imperial (rather than metric), so here are the dimensions that I used in mine:
Cardstock base 6 x 7.5″
Score at 1.5, 2.25, 4.75 and 5.5″ (on long side)
Score at 1 and 5″ (on short side)
And here's a link to Sam's video where she makes her metric version.

For my box, I used basic black cardstock & modern medley dsp.  I also used the rosettle bigz die from the Occasions catalog and 2 pieces of coordinations cardstock, one in primrose petals & one in real red, to make my flower embellishment.  I *luv* making these flowers/roses...must be the 'roses in my heart' I guess;)

No comments: