Monday, April 21, 2014

Saying Good-bye to Some of My Favourites!

When the retiring product lists came out this morning, I was sad to see some of my all-time favourite stampsets and accessories on the list.  So I thought I'd give you a list of the retiring items I'm going to miss the very most.  These are things I consider to be timeless and oh so versatile...I turn to them time and again!...

1.  LAYERED LABELS
The reason this set is #1 on my list is the largest image in the set...the 'heartfelt' image.  I have used this on countless projects, a sample of which I've included below.  I think it's one of my favourite all-time stamps and it makes everything work for me. If you scroll down a couple posts on this blog, you'll see I also used this set on the KISS cards at my last stamp club...I love the swirl-y-ness!
Another reason I love this set is that every image in it coordinates with a framelit and many of the images also coordinate with a punch...now that makes for quick creating!!
 
2.  AMAZING FAMILY
This is another stampset that is SO versatile, and it's not just for family members, it also has a friend stamp.  I just love the font!!  It's great for chalkboard stamping, or embossing or just about anything you can think of!

3.  EX LIBRIS
This one is a background stamp, and, yes, it looks like a bookfront, but you can do so many different looks with it.  I love the old school vintage feel of this stamp.

Below is a project I made last summer with it, I'll also highlight the fact that this project also uses the butterflies Bigz die that is also retiring!

The little CREATE journal below pairs Ex Libris with Creative Elements (#4 on my list of favourite sets retiring below).

4.  CREATIVE ELEMENTS
This next stamp set is a favourite because it goes with anything...the swirly large stamp in the set is literally in so many of the backgrounds to my cards, that I don't dare count.  If you were to check out my April 17th post below, you'll see it again there.  Below is a project I did when it first came out, a gratitude journal we made at that year's catalog launch workshop.  I still have one of these right beside where I work.  I'll also highlight that that delightful oval frame on the project below is from the frames embossing folders that are also retiring.
Just look at this little pin cushion I made with images from Creative Elements, still one of my favourite things I've made:)
 
This delightful banner below hangs on my craft racks where my punches also hang to this very day and it was also stamped with the CREATE image from the creative elements set.  The flower was made from the Fun Flowers die that are also retiring (I also made the wreath just posted below as well on my blog with that die...and the Fun Flowers Die is #5 on my list below).  The other dies used in the banner below are the Bigz pennant dies, which will also be retiring.  Say it isn't so?!!

 
5.  FUN FLOWERS BIGZ DIE
I know a die is not a stamp set, but I have loved this die.  I used it most recently on the wreath just a couple of posts below this on on my blog (incidently I also used the Morning Post alphabet stampset in that project with is also retiring).  Here is a link.

Back to fun flowers though, below is the card box that sits in my craft room, where I store all my extras and it is adorned with this big beautiful flower I made with layers and layers of fun flowers.  No, I could not be without this die!  Love it!!
I made a multitude of bookmarks (ribbon bookmarks) with this die too, like the lovely one in wisteria below!

6. FRAMED TULIPS
Also not a stampset, but the framed tulips embossing folder is next on my list...here are 2 of my favourite cards I made with it...love the effect on a card!!

7.  DRESS UP FRAMELITS
I, frankly, think SU is going to regret retiring these adorable and versatile framelits, I've used them on cards, scrapbook pages, and even 3D items, like the one below that still adorns one of my shelves:)
Or, how about this bday card on embossed tinfoil?!
 
8.  HEARTS A FLUTTER
What a sweet stampset this one is and perfect for borders (so trendy!).  I've used this one on everything from valentines to birthday cards to whiteboards to baby cards...vers-a-tile!
 
 

 9.  LOVELY LITTLE LABELS
It's in the little things...this one may not stand out as a focal point on many of my projects but it's there, usually as the perfect little tag...and some of the images even have postage and vintage charm:)  See the little 'sweet' label framed and stamped with this stamp set:)
10.  FABULOUS PHRASES
Another stamp set that you'll be hard pressed to see as the focal point in the project, but it's always there with the perfect word or label or accent.  Love the font too!  This stampset is where the word 'friend's came from in March's double pocket card - see link here.
It's also where the greeting I used on this little box below that I haven't posted before came from.  I made this boxes to hold lip glosses to give to co-workers who've been helpful from a Pootles tutorial, didn't they turn out darling?!

Well I've made it to 10, but I realize I'm not nearly done, here are some other retiring products that I believe are top 10 worthy...if I have time, another day, I'll add links/photos of projects where I used them:
- Two frames embossing folder (used in creative elements gratitude journal above)
- Occasions  Alphabet stampset...truly something in here for every occasion!
- Morning Post alphabet stampset...love the script in each of the letters!
- Stampin Wheels!  So many of them, but my very favourite are:
    Music Notes
    Travel Journal
    Viola's Lace
    Shop Around
    Very Vintage
- Blessings from Heaven - the sentiment in card #1 above comes from this; oh, and can't resist this one either:
- Sweet Essentials - I use these sayings/greeting on everything...just look at my April club KISS cards...the 'thinking of you' comes from this set!
- Boutique Details  - the lovely in color embellies that came out last summer!
- Vintage Trinkets...oh these are used all over my blog on projects, what will I use din their place?!
- Stitched Satin ribbon in the retiring in colors...the retiring in colors were gorgeous and I will especially miss the raspberry ripple and this ribbon which ties like a dream!
- Ruffle Stretch Trim...this one's in the current in colors, how can it  be retiring already, I'm still in luv with it?!
- Beautiful Butterflies Bigz die!!!!!!
- Postage Collection Hostess set...oh but I luv it...ok, here's a reminder...
- Scallop Edge Border...that MUST be a typo on the retiring list, no?!
- Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack...I will start a protest on this one!
- Modern Medley dsp
- Coordinations cardstock & the sanding system...you surely have seen the beautiful roses one can create with this, surely they've gone mad at SU if this is on the list?!




1 comment: