Monday, March 21, 2005

Palm Sunday
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
One of the most precious things I have ever witnessed is seeing (or feeling or hearing) those that I love worship. I still remember Amanda's first experience of communion two years ago on Good Friday, I remember her singing along with the soloist as we walked down the aisle to receive the elements... I remember her reading those words for the first time... 'Be thou my vision'.... She read them so intently, and then when it was her turn to take the bread, she ripped off the biggest chunk. As a parent, I was about to whisper, not so much, but then it occurred to me that maybe we should all be more like her. Once she got near to Jesus, she wanted as much as she could get...my precious girl:)

Yesterday was Palm Sunday...a day of worship like no other, and in celebration, Amanda's dance class was performing during our worship. Oh how precious to see my dolly worshipping God that way...and to worship with her...lots of tears..


Hallelujah, Hallelujah,
For our Lord God Almighty Reigns
Hallelujah, Hallelujah,

For our Lord God Almighty Reigns
Hallelujah, Holy, Holy
Are you Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
You are Holy, Holy,
Are you Lord God Almighty
Worthy is the Lamb
Worthy is the Lamb
Amen


Amanda did a wonderful job of her dance (all three times). I was also struck by one part of the message in particular...about how we come to Jesus always asking...asking Him to be who/what we want Him to be... And while we wants us to ask for our needs and our deepest desires, sometimes we need to come and just receive who He is. Peter didn't want Jesus to die. When Jesus told him of what was coming, Peter said no and that he would fight to prevent it, but if he had gotten what he had wanted, Jesus wouldn't have been who He was.... I need to think about that some more and praise Him more for who He is! I don't want to think of what happened to my Lord this week, but I must, I NEED to worship Him for it.

No comments: