Monday, July 18, 2005

Scrapbooking

I guess I'm getting in on this a little bit late, but better late than never, right?! I've been interested in scrapbooking for some time, but always pushed it off as "too expensive" or "something I just didn't have time for". Well this past birthday, my husband and brother set me up with a few supplies, and this weekend I did my first three scrapbook pages! I'm really enjoying this new hobby and hope it is something I can follow through on. I've started working on a portrait scrapbook of Amanda. I'm calling it, "Amanda, Portrait of a Living Dolly!" This way, I have a resting place for all those portraits of our girlie each year (once they have been displayed in a place of honour for their due time:)

I'd love to hear from any of you who are scrapbookers about suggested themes, free resources, etc. I love looking at other people's scrapbooks, and I've been getting books from the library periodically to peruse. I think what I like best about scrapbooks is that they are more than just picture albums, they tell stories! ...Well, back to working on Amanda's story...

No comments: