Sunday, October 09, 2005

I Am Blessed

I had a hard time going to sleep last night...you see, I kept replaying in my mind all the things that need to get done at work. Things would be busy no matter what this time of year, but add to that the fact that two of my staff are off sick and what lies ahead of me next week is daunting... And yesterday I learned that my IS Manager will be off for at least another week, if not two (his situation has gotten worse).

Now my heart and prayers just go out for these people who are off sick and that tops my list of concerns right now. But I also can't help but feeling overwhelmed and that there is no way that I can do all that I need to get done next week...in particular, handling all the technical things that must be done in the IS Manager's absense (especially with my current workload). Please pray.

So in the midst of this, the Thanksgiving sermon I heard last night told me to find the blessing in the midst of this current struggle, and trust me, I am looking it, so I'm pausing for a moment to list out all of the things I'm thankful for right now:

- God's grace and love.
- My handsome husband whom I adore and how he love me.
- Our daughter and how her character is growing.
- Our health.
- Our extended family and the fact that most of us can see each other this Thanksgiving.
- Friends who have been so there for me.
- Our home.
- That we have jobs.
- Amanda's school and the friends that God has drawn to her.
- A new small group.
- Tea ...I think I'll go and have a cup before I get into my 'to do' list today:)

No comments: