Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Quote for Today

On the weekend, we caught 'Akeelah and the Bee', a movie we had wanted to see and had never gotten around to. We just happened upon it flipping channels after our housework. There was a lot of good food for thought in it, and this is the quote that Akeelah's coach had her read as they started working together. I think it struck a chord with all of us, so I thought I'd make a place for it to rest upon our shelves so we could think about it some more...

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same."

The frame is an 8x8 wooden frame that I got at Michaels for all of $1.50. Most of the dsp I used is from Webster's Pages (Your Life. Beautiful.) I also used the Baroque Motifs stampset from SU, Chestnut Colorblok Chalk, some Ridinghood Red CS, etc.

No comments: