Sunday, October 20, 2013

Festive Flurry Banner - a different kind of banner

So I didn't have great lighting for this photo and I don't have any of my Christmas stuff out yet to really give it effect, but I'm thrilled with how this idea turned out.  As you can see, I'm still playing with the festive flurry bundle.  And if you've been following my blog long you know that I love to make banners for holidays & occasions but this time I thought I'd made a wall banner that hangs down instead of across...and each element of the banner has a snowflake as it's base.  So  stamped and layered snowlfakes to my hearts content and then I strung them on some cherry cobbler seem binding.  I cut the JOY letters out of red glitter paper using the big shot, and the embellishments on the snowflakes in between the letters were actually in color accents that I embossed in gold (they were originally crisp cantaloupe, but you'd never know that now...see you can repurpose or remake anything to your suiting;)

No comments: