Monday, October 14, 2013

Mosaic Madness Christmas

While I was playing outside of the box on the weekend, I pulled out my Mosaic Madness stamp set and punch and paired it with the Sweet Essentials greetings and came up with this ornament Christmas card idea.  I love it when you get a lot of mileage out of a stampset and I love to find ways to use good basic supplies and stamps for any occasion and that is exactly what happened here.  I've been experimenting with making ornaments out of snowflakes (using the festive flurries bundle...see more thoughts/ideas on that in the days to come on this blog:)....and as I was experimenting I started looking at the idea of folding and combining symmetrical images to create ornaments...and from there these ornaments made with Mosaic Madness were born.  And an ornament needs a ribbon and a string don't you think?!  I think it turned out pretty cute, though if I had it to do again I would stamp the green background piece before forming the ornaments onto it, but since I was experimenting at the time, I didn't know where I was going, and I thought I'd just share with you the raw idea.  If you try it yourself, please let me know...I'd love to see what you come up with too!:)

1 comment:

Tanya said...

CUTE!! :) And I like the color combo too!