Friday, May 28, 2010

My First Canvas!


I've been seeing a new trend here and there these days...papercrafting on canvas, and I kept hoping I would find a local class to bravely equip me to try it out, but alas, I could wait no longer and I sat down and started to create. This canvas took me one delightful morning and 2 homemade cafe mochas;)

I worked on the canvas itself with some vintage photo distress ink and my new favourite, spun sugar smooch spritz:) The accordion ribbon technique was Nadine's that I also used in my last post (http://delitetechniques.blogspot.com/2010/05/accordion-ribbon.html) and the technique to make the flower came from this little tutorial from Dawn at My Favourite things (http://dawnmcvey.typepad.com/these_are_a_few_of_my_fav/2010/01/new-raspberry-suite-sneakie-peek.html). The layers of the flower are also sponged and smooched! The bookprint sheet and punches for the flower all came from a used edition of Jane Austin's Persuasion. I ripped the sheet used on the left side and white embossed it with baroque motifs (I'd seen something similar to this a long time ago somewhere but cannot remember where - I think they used black though...) The inspiration for the string of buttons along the ribboned end also came from there. The butterflies were all done with an embosslet.

The sentiment is so now for me. LIVE - we wait for perfect conditions often to create or live out or dreams. I'm learning not to wait...



Edited to add: I should note that with the accordion ribbon, this time I didn't use liquid glue...I mostly used glue dots this time and found it a little easier. Also, I'm sorry the links aren't live, I'm having difficulty giving live links within my posts these days and I haven't seemed to find an answer to this dilema;)

1 comment:

Karen said...

It is beautiful - you are so creative. I like the look of your blog too - classy.