Sunday, January 02, 2011

Happy New Year



For new year's I made 'crackers' for everyone around the table. My crackers don't end up looking like crackers or cracking really - it's just kind of a package that commemorates a new year before the new year's day meal - and in it I put a new magazine that I think the person will like, a couple of their favourite chocolates and something I've made. This year I made everyone a desk or purse calendar. I'll show you a couple of them over the next few days.

This desk calender is what I made for my FIL who loves clocks. The design is an easel card (if you haven't done one before there are instructions over in the resource section on splitcoast).

Recipe (all SU):
Cardstock - soft suede, whisper white, basic black
Ribbon - dotted grosgrain, this was from last year's catty, but I have seen some on the clearance rack online
Stamps - Sense of Time
Accessories - silver hodgepodge
Ink - basic black, versamark (the phrase banner was black embossed)

No comments: